Thursday, February 8, 2018

Cashew Mayo (WFPB, vegan)

While searching for a BLT recipe, I decided to try this simple cashew mayo recipe.  It's so amazing we now put it in wraps, sandwiches, salads and as a veggie dip for school lunches.  I keep the spice down to 1 teaspoon for the kids.  I used my high speed blender as the blade on my food processor is getting quite dull.   Haven't tried it with sunflower seeds as a nut free option, yet.  Please let me know if you do.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 4-8 hours then drained and rinsed
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
  • 3 tablespoons plain soy or almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (less or more to taste)...we use 1 teaspoon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions

Place the soaked cashews in a food processor fitted with the S-blade (or use a high speed blender) and process until a thick paste forms. Add lemon juice, milk, Sriracha, and salt. Continue blending until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of bowl as needed.

1 comment:

  1. if I don't have lemon juice, can I also use ordinary lemon ?

    ReplyDelete