Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hummus Panini

My older children love turkey and cheese paninis.  After making the switch to our new diet, I had to find something that would work for all of us.  I searched and searched, finding many delicious recipes I would eat but my children would not touch.  Finally, I found a recipe using hummus. Why didn't I think of that earlier?  Oh well, at least I found something we all like.  It is great with leftover grilled vegetables.  Of course, the kids like it best with a rice-based cheese.

Ingredients:
Basic Bread Machine bread or other bread
"I Love You" Hummus 
Expeller pressed canola oil spray
Earth Balance buttery spread, soy free
Grilled vegetables or other toppings

Directions:
Heat panini grill.  Spread buttery spread and hummus on insides of bread.  Add additional ingredients.  Once grill is heated, spray canola oil on panini grill.  Grill panini until golden brown.

Ratings:
5/5 like it

Food Allergy/Intolerance Notes:
Prior to switching to vegan meals, I always made Ethan's panini first.  This helped reduce the possibility of the dairy cheese from the other paninis contaminating his sandwich.  Then, I'd do a thorough cleaning after all paninis were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment