Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Southwestern Salad Vinaigrette

A few years ago, my sister-in-law told me about Lisa Barnes, a chef and author of child-focused cookbooks.  After trying a few recipes, The Petite Appetit cookbook quickly became a favorite one in our house.  The book contains nutrition information while breaking recipes down into different culinary stages (beginners to connoisseurs).  It also has markings on each recipe indicating if it is gluten free, wheat free, sugar free, vegan, vegetarian, no cook, and egg free.

While my pickiest eater still does not eat all of the foods from the recipes, my husband and I really enjoy the connoisseur recipes.  The Southwestern Salad Vinaigrette is one of many favorites (pictured above).  It is great as a side dish or served as an appetizer with chips.  Ethan loves to pick out and eat the black beans first.

Ingredients:
(While I cannot list out all of the ingredients, here are a few.)
Black beans
Red and green bell peppers
Corn
Cherry tomatoes
Green onion
Plus a super yummy sherry wine vinaigrette!

No comments:

Post a Comment